Kangana Ranaut is a popular Bollywood actress. She has made her acting debut with movie Gangster in 2006. She has won a Best Supporting Actress award for her performance as a troubled model in Fashion. Kangana has bagged National Awards for Fashion, Queen and Tanu Weds Manu Returns. She will soon be seen in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Rangoon. She has designed a summer collection for designer brand Vero Moda titled ‘Venice Cruise’. She is also associated with the cause Swachh Bharat.
Real Name: Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Physical Stats & More
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight 52 kg
Figure Measurements: 34-25-34
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Date of Birth: 23 March 1986
Age (as in 2016): 30 Years
Birth Place: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Zodiac sign: Aries
Hometown: Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
School: DAV School, Chandigarh,
College: Elite School of Modelling, Mumbai
Film Debut: Gangster (2006)
Father- Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman and contractor)
Mother- Asha Ranaut (Teacher)
Brother- Akshit Ranaut
Sister- Rangoli Ranaut
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, writing, yoga
• During her initial days in Bollywood, she was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, who was around 20 years older than her and already married. However, things got complicated when she accused Aditya of violence and broke up with him.
• She is known for her bold statements, but she made a blunder during a chat show by saying that, “Just good friends could be friendship plus f**k buddies. Just friends inBollywood mean f**k buddies who are little promoted.”
• During the 2012 Blender Pride Fashion Week, in Mumbai, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction while walking the ramp for designer Gavin Miguel.
• She and Hrithik Roshan had a media-led fight which started off with her calling him as a “silly ex”, and later resulted in full-blown name-calling, e-mail leaking, legal battle.
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status: Unmarried
Affairs/Boyfriends: Aditya Pancholi (Actor)
Adhyayan Suman (Actor)
Car Collection BMW 7 Series
Salary: 11-12 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $12 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kangana Ranaut
- Kangana was born to a well-off Rajput landlord family in Himachal Pradesh.
- Her mother wanted her to get married at the age of 16. She was kicked out of her house as she wanted to join the glamour world.
- She left her college education in midway to join Elite Modelling Agency in Delhi in 2003, to become a model.
- She was an active participator in the beauty contests, during her college days.
- Before making her Bollywood debut with Gangster (2005), she worked as a theatre actor in Delhi with the Asmita Theatre Group. Her first play was Girish Karnad’s Taledanda (Rakt-Kalyan).
- In 2005, her younger sister Rangoli was attacked with acid in 2005 by a man, who entered her house as a money order delivery boy.
- She is one of the youngest Indian actresses to win the National Film Awards at the age of 22, Best Supporting Actress for Fashion (2008). Kangana Ranaut National Film Awards
- She wrote her own dialogues in the film Queen (2013).
- She is a non-vegetarian turned vegetarian and in 2013 she was listed as “India’s Hottest Vegetarian” by PETA.
- She won the National Film Awards: Best Actress for Queen (2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015).
- If she wasn’t an actress, she would have been a doctor.
- She is a trained Kathak dancer.
- Her first crush was English footballer, David Beckham.
- She has hardly seen a dozen of films and doesn’t watch TV shows at all.
- She dreams of purchasing a farmhouse in Shimla after she retires from her work.