Nayanthara is an Indian film actress who predominantly appears in Tamil films along with a few Malayalam and Telugu films. She is the recipient of numerous awards. She made her acting debut with 2003 Malayalam film Manassinakkare and later in Telugu with Lakshmi. Since then she acted in several films like Tulasi, Dubai Seenu, Greeku Veerudu, Anaamika and more. Her portrayal of Lord Sita in Sri Rama Rajyam has earned her Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress and Nandi Award for Best Actress. She was last seen in the movie Kaashmora opposite Karthi. She has been declared as the ‘Most Desirable Woman of Chennai’ in a poll conducted by a leading daily.
Real Name : Diana Mariam Kurian
Nickname : Nayanthara, Nayantara
Profession : Actress, Model
Date of Birth : 18 November 1984
Age (as in 2017) : 32 Years
Birth Place : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Zodiac sign : Scorpio
Nationality : Indian
Hometown : Tiruvalla,Kerala, India
School : Balikamadom Girls High School, Thiruvalla
College : Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla
Educational Qualifications : Bachelor of Arts in English Literature
Religion : Hindu
Hobbies : Reading, listening music,
Physical Stats & More
Height : 5′ 5″
Weight : 53 Kg
Body measurement: 34-26-34
Eye Colour : Black
Hair Colour : Black
Film Debut: Manassinakkare (2003)
Boys, Affairs and More
Marital Status : Unmarried
It’s confirmed that actress Nayanthara will be seen opposite Siva Karthikeyan for an upcoming movie. The title of the film is yet to be decided. It will also have super star Rajinikanth and will be directed by Mohan Raja.
2003 Manassinakkare (Malayalam)
2004 Natturajavu (Malayalam)
2005 Ayya (Tamil)
2005 Chandramukhi (Tamil)
2005 Thaskara Veeran (Malayalam)
2005 Rappakal (Malayalam)
2006 Lakshmi Nandhini (Telugu)
2006 Boss, I Love You (Telugu)
2007 Dubai Seenu (Telugu)
2007 Tulasi (Telugu)
2009 Anjaneyulu (Telugu)
2010 Simha (Telugu)
2011 Sri Rama Rajyam (Telugu)
2012 Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum (Telugu)
2014 Anaamika (Telugu)
2016 Babu Bangaram (Telugu)
2016 Iru Mugan (Tamil)
2016 Kashmora (Tamil)
2017 Imaikkaa Nodigal
2017 Kolaiyuthir Kaalam
Some lesser known facts about Nayanthara
- Nayantara was born to an orthodox Malayali Syrian Christian family, but in 2011, she converted to Hinduism at the Aarya Samaj Temple in Chennai.
- As her father was in Indian Air Force, she grew up in different parts of India, like Chennai, Gujarat and Delhi.
- She was the runner-up in the 2003 Best Model in Kerela.
- During her college days in 2003, college, director Sathyan Anthikkad saw her and cast her in a Malayalam movie.
- Her 2005 film Chandramukhi was such a huge hit that it was the longest running South Indian film with 800 days at Shanthi Theaters.
- She got her breakthrough role as Goddess Seetha in the film Sri Rama Rajyam, for which she won Filmfare and Nandi Award.
- She tattooed Prabhu Deva’s name on her wrist during a relationship with her.
- If not actress, then she would have been a Chartered Accountant.