1985 Miss Teen USA and 1993 Miss Hawaii USA, Kelly Hu is popularly recognized as American Actress, voice actress, and former fashion model. She is best to reckon for her recurring role in “The Vampire Diaries” on CW series as Pearl and in the television series of advertisement in “Philadelphia brand cream cheese” as Kaori.
Birthdate: February 13, 1968
Birthplace: Honolulu, Hawaii
Kelly Hu Gets Her Start:
Kelly Hu was spotted at a shopping mall by a model scout. The modeling agent, who happened to represent Kelly Hu's cousin, thought it would be in Kelly's best interest to take a modeling course to help promote the aspiring actress.
Kelly Hu's Breakthrough Role:
Kelly Hu Gets Her Big Break:
Although Kelly Hu has appeared in tons of movie and TV roles, The Scorpion King marks the first time she's starred as the leading lady (opposite The Rock no less!) in a major Hollywood production.
Kelly Hu - Did U Know?
- In 1985, Kelly Hu was the first Asian American female to win the title of Miss Teen USA.
- She is also the first Asian American actress to get on the cover of Maxim magazine in the US.
- Kelly Hu has a black belt in Karate. Hi-Ya!
- Kelly Hu and her boyfriend opened a fast food restaurant in Beverly Hills called Basic Bites.
- Kelly is of Cantonese, Hawaiian and English descent.
- Kelly Hu was a guest star on an episode of the popular nighttime soap, Melrose Place.
Kelly Hu Says...
"I am blessed to be able to live out my dreams and have such wonderful people supporting me throughout my career and life."