Sania Mirza Full Biography, Career, Facts: Sania Mirza is an Indian tennis player who was formerly ranked No. 1 in the women's doubles rankings. From 2003 until her retirement from singles in 2013, she was ranked by the WTA as India's No. 1 player doubles.
Professional Tennis player
Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
3 February, 2003
Singles – No. 27 (27 August 2007)
Doubles – No. 1 (13 April 2015)
Birthday / Date of Birth
Sania was born on 15 November 1986, in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Mirza went to NASR School in Hyderabad and later graduated from St. Mary’s College in Yousufguda, Hyderabad.
- Father – Imran Mirza (Sports journalist)
- Mother – Naseema
- Siblings – Anam Mirza (Younger Sister)
Sania Mirza married Pakistani Cricketer Shoaib Malik on April 12, 2010 at the Taj Krishna Hotel in Hyderabad, India, after dating for about six months.
Sania has had been romantically linked to Indian actor Shahid Kapoor and Indian businessman Sohrab Mirza. She was engaged with the latter but their marriage broke off shortly after their engagement.
- In feet – 5 feet 8 inches
- In centimeters – 173 cm
- In meters – 1.73 m
- In Kilograms – 62 kg
- In Pounds – 137 lbs
- Measurements – 38-26-36
- Bust – 38 inches
- Waist – 26 inches
- Hip – 36 icnhes
- Bra Size – 34D
She wears a size 8 (US) shoe.
Her dress size is 8 (US).
Grand Slam Singles Results
Sania has not won the Grand Slam title in singles. But, her results of the singles in the tournaments are shown below –
- Australian Open – 3R (2005, 2008)
- French Open – 2R (2007, 2011)
- Wimbledon – 2R (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- US Open – 4R (2005)
Grand Slam Mixed Doubles Results
- Australian Open W (2009)
- French Open W (2012)
- Wimbledon QF (2011, 2013, 2015)
- US Open W (2014)
She hasn’t appeared in films yet.
She hasn’t featured on television series, apart from appearing in talk shows.
Sania has had been the face of Country Club, Krrish Group, Coca Cola, and Rodeo Drive.
Sania Mirza Net worth
Sania Mirza has an estimated net worth of $8 million as of 2017. She owns Toyota Supra and a couple of exotic cars from brands like Audi and BMW.
Sania Mirza Favorites
- Favorite Color – Black, Red and Blue
- Favorite Food – Hyderabadi Biryani
- Favorite Place – Paris, London and Thailand
- Favorite Sport – Swimming
- Favorite Brand – Dolce and Purplelight
- Favorite Actor – Brad Pitt, Salman Khan, Arjun Rampal and Akshay Kumar
- Favorite Actress – Kajol and Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Favorite Movies – K3G (Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham), KKHH (Kuch Kuch Hota Hai), QSQT (Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak), Phool Aur Kante, Mohra, Maine Pyaar Kiya
Social Media Portfolio
Interesting Facts About Sania Mirza
Mirza started playing tennis at the age of 6 and turned pro in 2003. She won 10 singles and 13 doubles titles as a junior player.
Sania is a film fanatic, who has watched Karan Johar’s Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham around 30 times!
In 2014, Sania Mirza became the brand ambassador of Telangana state.
Sania was conferred the honorary degree of Doctors of Letters from MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai in 2008.
She was named in the Time magazine’s 2016 list of 100 most influential people in the world.
Sania Mirza was announced as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia, making her the first South Asian Woman to be honored with such credit.
She has her won tennis academy in Hyderabad.
Sania Mirza launched her autobiography titled “Ace Against Odds” in July 2016.